"el Willy", Happy Spanish Restaurant emerged in January 2008 in a 1928 colonial house in the heart of the French concession in Shanghai. A creation of Willy Trullas Moreno, Chef (Spain), "el Willy" is a contemporary Spanish food restaurant specialized in modern tapas and Barcelona-style rices.
We are proud to represent the fine culinary artistry of Spain today.
After 4 years in the French Concession the opportunity came to occupy a space in a historical 1906 building in Shanghai's Landmark "the Bund". As a logical evolution, we decided to move "el Willy" restaurant to such a prime location in order to become our Shanghai's main window.
The menu is a compilation of the sexiest tapas and rices from Spain twisted by Willy's own style. Our cuisine is product focused, so we always use the best product available to prepare the recipes.
We change the menu every quarter, adding new creations and adapting the ingredients to each season. That keeps Willy busy for a while (and gives a little breath to the rest of us!).
Since it's opening in 2008, It's been awarded BEST SPANISH RESTAURANT.
el Willy Since 2008:
- Editor's pick Best Mediterranean 2014 & 2015
- Best Restaurant of the Year 2013
- Editor's pick Best Business Lunch 2013
- Editor's pick Best Atmosphere 2012
- Best Mediterranean Restaurant 2011 & 2012
- Best Restaurant of the Year 2011
- Chef of the Year 2010 & 2011
- Best Restaurant First Runner-Up 2009 & 2010
- Best Chef First Runner-Up 2009
- Editor's pick Best Tapas 2008 & 2009
- Editor's pick Best Newcomer Restaurant 2008
- Best Western New Restaurant 2012
- Best Pastry Chef 2011
- Best Spanish Restaurant 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015
- Best Restaurant 2011
MODERN WEEKLY MAGAZINE
- Best European Restaurant 2008
TIME OUT MAGAZINE
- Best food personality winner Willy Trullas Moreno
- Best 100 Restaurants 2008
- Asia's Best 100 Restaurant 2008
- Asia's Bes 50 Restaurant 2012
Today, el Willy is a "must go" in Shanghai's gastronomic scene.